The Boundex is a 51x51x34 frame wrapped in several layers of lycra. This product was developed by Eileen Richter, MPH, OTR/L, FAOTA, to engage children and foster their innate drive to develop and use their bodies as nature intended. It is lightweight, mobile and offers unique sensory motor activity for babies and young children. Patent 9,314,389 B2
The overall impact of the Boundex lies in the exceptional sensory motor experience it offers a child. In simple terms, the following support-to-development is observed as the child moves on the apparatus:
- Triggers the childs drive to explore and challenge gravity using the total body.
- Elongation, activation, strengthening and grading core muscles of the body.
- Develops strength and stability of the shoulders, arms and hands through grasp, weight bearing, and weight shifting.
- Promotes 3 dimensional, refined movement of hands through expansion and gradation.
- Develops strength and stability of the pelvis, knees and feet through weight bearing, expansion, weight shift, and gradation, which leads to 3 dimensional, refined movement.
- Facilitates stability with mobility throughout the body (no fixing/holding or compensatory patterns)
- Vestibular, somatosensory integration is promoted with each action for improving balance and coordination.
- Increases depth and variability of respiration/encourages vocalization.
- The childs movement actively facilitates integration of primitive reflexes allowing the emergence of 3 dimensional motor patterns.
- The childs movements develop controlled gradation of multiple muscle synergies, i.e. top/bottom, left/right, front/back, diagonal/rotational.
Weight limit of participant- 100 lbs.